Ordo Draconum, Sárkány Rend 1408

 


The Imperial and Royal Dragon Court and Order

The Hungarian Court of the Dragon is currently registered at the High Court of Budapest as The Imperial and Royal Dragon Court and Order - Ordo Draconum, Sárkány Rend, 1408.

The Order is administered by Dr. Andrew v. Zsigmond, Baron de Lemhény in the U.K. and Count Richard Wright-Hogeland, Grand Prior of the English Speaking Overseas World.



Chev. Dr. Andrew v. Zsigmond, Baron de Lemhény of the Hungarian Consulate, Grand Prior in the U.K. for The Imperial and Royal Dragon Court and Order



Insignia of The Imperial and Royal Dragon Court and Order - Ordo Dragonum,
Sárkány Rend 1408

 

THE IMPERIAL AND ROYAL DRAGON COURT AND ORDER






The founding document of 'Sigismundus dei rex Hungaraie' (King Zsigmond of Hungary) confirmed that members of the Court might wear the insignia of a dragon incurved into a circle, with a red cross - based upon the original emblem of the 'Rosi-crucis' (the Cup of the waters) which, in its various forms, had identified the Holy Grail from the 4th millennium BC. This original Insignia is still in use, along with a black mantle bearing a red cross design on centre back and front, while a customary gold dragon brooch is worn upon braid on left shoulder.



Emperor Zsigmond von Luxembourg, King of Bohemia and Hungary, by Antonio Pisanello, 1432
(aka: Sigismundus Rex of Luxembourg)


Shortly after this foundation, Zsigmond was crowned Holy Roman Emperor in 1411 and, although the Court's ancient origins were steeped in pre-Christian lore, Pope Gregory XII was obliged to approve his Emperor's establishment, for the nature of the Dragon is such that its princely tradition surmounts the mundane constraints of denominational dispute.

During four months in 1416 Zsigmond and an enormous entourage enjoyed themselves (at the expense of the English taxpayers) visiting Henry V with whom he signed teh Treaty of Canterbury on 15th August 1416. He invested Henry V into the Order of Dragon presenting him with the sword used for the ceremony. This is now known as “The Sword of York” placed in Mansion House, York.



 











The Imperial and Royal Dragon Court ceremony held at the Mansion House, York, on 21 March 2000 with Chev. Dr. Győrgy von várhegyi Lehr, Count of Oberberg, Chancellor of the Court, in attendance established the truth of the matter once and for all in Britain. Also present, among various officers of the Court and Order, were Chev. Dr. Andrew v. Zsigmond, Baron de Lemhény, of the Hungarian Consulate, Grand Prior of the Order in the UK, Count Richard Wright-Hogeland, Grand Prior of the English Speaking Overseas World. The City of York was formally represented by the Lord Mayor and Lady Mayoress while the Sheriff of York attended.



THE IMPERIAL AND ROYAL DRAGON COURT AND ORDER


The Dragon Court Today

The Court and Order of Sárkány Rend 1408 is a closed establishment of selected 'invitees' who pursue the ancient virtues of chivalry, traditionally known as The Five Holy Obligations. They are:


1. Protection of the Earth
2. Upholding of Peace
3. Support of the Downtrodden
4. Defence of the Feminine
5. Pursuit of Knowledge

It is in these respects that the Court of the Dragon is most active - supporting at all times the sovereignty of the individual and the responsibilities to protect life and liberty which are inherent within that sovereignty, while pursuing avenues of hitherto suppressed knowledge for the benefit of all. The primary aspects of the Order's constitution are: Nobility, Equity and Justice.